Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cathorick Lives!

The Feast of Saint Patrick is here!
Why isn't there any more beer?
Since I'm sober this minute,
I'd thought I'd begin it.
Why don't I hear one bleeping cheer?

I thought it would do me some good
To write lim'ricks: I thought I just should.
It might take some time:
I think I'll try wine.
They say that in my part of the 'hood.

Just come back each day for a minute.
It takes much more time to begin it.
The Catholics may groan,
The Protesters may moan,
And the Druids won't come back save a nip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is welcome by me.
As long as a lim'rick it be.
By God if it's not,
It's going to rot
In some com. box down under the sea.

I've found that the sonnet of love
Speaks softer than wings of a dove.
If Shakespeare found time
To write ev'ry rhyme,
You can also write verse from above.

(i.e., all comments must be in limerick, English sonnet, or another poetic form (not free verse
per se).)